I recently purchased these shoes from Anthropologie partially because of the peacock feathers and partially because I just thought they were cute. Since then, I have noticed feathers everywhere!
Feather earrings, necklackes and even hair extentions. I wanted to share somewhere else I have been noticeing feathers popping up...fingernails.
doesn't this look cool?
I found a do-it-yourself feather nail tutorial that I will be trying over the weekend!
What do you think? If you wanna give it a shot-here are the steps:
What you’ll need :
A bag of feathers
A base coat
A base color [ex. Essie's Sand Tropez]
thick clear top coat
- prep your nails with the base coat
- use your base color
- apply your fast drying top coat, then press the feather using a tweezers quickly before it drys.
- with a small, sharp scissors, cut the remaining edges of the feather hanging off your nail.
- apply a few top coats over your finished look
- repeat on the remaining nails