Tuesday, May 17, 2011

NYC guide:

I've been to NYC quite a few times now and feel every time I visit, I'm learning & discovering  more and more great places in the city. I wanted to make a guide for anyone that is planning on taking a trip out to New York City with a few of MY favorite places for all of you to try.

Blush Nail Salon- located at 218 E. 5th St.

This place is BY FAR my favorite nail place hands down. I've had my nails done before in NYC and enjoyed it as well, but this place had me inspired and wanting to open my very own nail salon. The treatments were divine, the music was fun and the prices were incredibly reasonable. 

 Babycakes [nyc]- located at 248 Broome St.

I've had Magnolia Bakery cupcakes before and please don't hate me, but didn't think they were all that great. Ya, the bakery is adorable, but the frosting is a little too buttery & grainy for my liking. Babycakes is a different story folks. These cupcakes are amazing & "good" for you. 
"In a city dominated by cupcakes overflowing with sugar, flour and butter cream, it’s easy for those with persnickety diets to feel left out. BabyCakes offers all-natural, organic and delicious alternatives free from the common allergens: wheat, gluten, dairy, casein and eggs. Rest assured, all sweeteners have been chosen responsibly and used sparingly. White sugar will never be found in our bakery, nor will we ever use toxic chemical sweeteners. Instead, most products are sweetened with agave nectar—a natural syrup from a cactus which is low on the glycemia index and often a safe alternative to most non-insulin dependent diabetics. Occasionally, unprocessed and unrefined sugar is used in certain goods, although sparingly."
 A must-have in my book!


Pinkberry- located all over the city, check the website for locations.

Since there are no locations in or even close to MN, It's always a delight whenever I find myself walking into a Pinkberry. My favorite is original yogurt with strawberries and chocolate chips. All of their yogurt flavors and toppings are always fresh and delicious. Cant make up your mind on what to get? They are very generous in the sample department. It's just a great treat-simple-as-that! 



Buddakan- located at 75 9th Ave.

I've been twice now and the food has never disappointed. I would say this restaurant could be compared to Chino Latino here in Minneapolis with it's modern Asian cuisine. The food is meant to be served family style, with individual portions plated. Plan on ordering a lot of choices off the menu and sharing tastes of all. The atmosphere is great and dress code is described as: downtown chic, fun & hip...everything this restaurant delivers!


Spice Market NYC- located at 403 W. 13th St. (& the corner of 9th)

Spice Market is a truly unique experience from the menu to the atmosphere. There is nothing that compares in my mind. They offer the most unique pairings for your pallet and an intimate atmosphere with dark lighting. The perfect place for a date! This place is always busy, so make sure you have a reservation set to get a guaranteed spot. You won't be disappointed!

I have MANY more places to share with you...and you can most definitely look forward to a NYC guide, part 2 to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment